Tuesday 21 April 2009

Anyone There?

I'm not sure if anyone's been visiting this blog recently. It doesn't help that it's been so long since I posted on it.

In case anyone is visiting the blog - welcome and apologies for the long delay since the last posting.

So, you may be asking what's been happening with MissionMiraculus. As you probably are aware, we have put up a website; http://missionmiraculus.co.uk that we sorted out using office live small business tools - all free, and the design standard of the site kind of indicates why that is.

We're not complaining however - indeed, we're very grateful: I paid £70 for a site through host-papa that declared itself especially designed for people without prior web design and web building skills or experience. That site is completely unused by me since I don't even know where to start with it.

I'm not saying that they've taken my money and a number of other people's money and then failed to deliver the product they promise. I am saying though, that I have been very disappointed by HostPapa. If anyone else has had dealings with HostPapa and has had good experiences with them please let me know because I don't want to give them any bad publicity that they don't deserve.

Infuriatingly, this whole arena of IT skills building has been swamping MissionMiraculus's progress, which is partly why the postings have slowed right down. About five of us are now beginning to organise to prepare for 'live' appearances as consciousness raisers and edutainers in a variety of contexts. I won't say any more than that at present. We'll keep in under wraps and report back when we have news. We had scheduled a team building event at MM headquarters for this weekend but contingencies have intervened to prevent that for two of us so another delay crops up..

I'm noticing that by focussing on writing, reading, talking to close associates, being involved at the CEIMH and going on the internet either checking or posting on these blogs or looking at or for other things via google, I keep myself at a safe distance from what needs to be done now : an action plan of 'live performances' and a programme of letter writing and sending and phone call making to obtain contracts.

So presumably I'm terrified of all of this. Time to face my fears and get on with this next step.... Aaarrrgghhh

Fear aside, however, there is a project that I want to take on and where it had been something for later now it's becoming a priority. Children and young people who grow up in a family where one or both of their parents or close family members are affected by mental health problems, are statistically vulnerable to developing such problems themselves in later life. MissionMiraculus joins hands with Depra and the emerging Poglai! founded by Renata Azman, author of 'Depra' (a journey of recovery) and much loved visiting writer at Birmingham University's CEIMH once a year in exploring the healing value of personal narrative in processing challenging experiences. This project needs applying to children.

No comments:

Post a Comment